Monday, August 10, 2015

Portland Favorites - NW Portland


Portland Favorites with Public Bikes
I'm so excited to be sharing all of my favorite places in Portland to eat/drink/shop/etc over the next couple weeks/months. People that are planning trips or just moved here ask me alllll the time where they should go so it's about time I put it together. It'll also be nice for when I'm being indecisive about where we should go on a date (happens every time).

I'll be splitting it up by the quadrants to make it easy! First up is NW Portland since that's where we live and spend most of our time. It's a beautiful area for going on long walks or riding bikes, has some of the nicest parks in Portland, gorgeous neighborhoods ($$$$) and of course amazing food every five steps.

I'm not going to detail each place since I would probably say "THIS IS THE BEST PLACE EVER" about all of them. So just know, these are best places ever.

Food:
Kung Pow (best chinese food in the world)
Nuvrei (sandwiches, pastries)
Little big burger
Los Gorditos
Tilt
Stepping stone cafe

Sweets:
Salt & Straw (which I've mentioned here before)
Blue Star Donuts
Nuvrei Macaron Bar
Ken's artisan bakery

Drinks:
Tea chai te (get the black milk tea with boba)
Barista
Commissary
Coffeehouse NW

Shopping:
Papersource
Childs play toy store
Powells Bookstore
New seasons market
West elm
Anthropologie

Fun:
Wallace park (Beck's favorite park)
Jamison square fountains
Hiking/walking up in forest park
I also enjoy casual strolls through the pearl district and on NW 23rd

Portland Favorites with Public Bikes
Portland Favorites with Public Bikes
Wallace Park
Portland Favorites with Public Bikes
(My bike is a V7i from PUBLIC bikes)

3 comments:

  1. Okay, this is a stretch, but my husband, baby girl and I are moving to Portland next month and have been looking hard for an apartment. Do you know of a great way to find places up there? We've been using pad-mapper and Craigslist, along with rent.com and hotpads.com... But nothing. Any tips?

    Thanks a million!

    -Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, thank you so much for all the great info on where to go in portland! We want to make a trip up there to that area and washington too real soon, we live in northern california and hear how beautiful it is up there. What is the weather mostly like year round??

    Iris M>

    Also follow your essential oils instagram and love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ I've heard it's really hard to find an apartment in Portland right now. You might just want to consider living in the outer suburbs. Oregon City is really nice and not too far, plus you'll pay less. Most people live in Beaverton and Tigard on the westside and Gresham, Clackamas, Milwaukie, Vancouver (Washington), on the East side. I live in SW Portland where I have lived most of my life so if I chose to live in the suburbs it would be Tigard, Beaverton or Lake Oswego. I don't know how familiar you are with Portland, but everything is pretty close and our mass transit is one of the best in the country.
    @Iris --> our weather is extremely unpredictable but fortunately we do not have any extreme weather. When it rains it mostly drizzles, so you can get away with a light raincoat or jacket. We don't use umbrellas much because we rarely have a significant downpour. We hardly ever get snow but when we do the whole own closes and everyone stays home. We have had really nice weather all Summer but our grey skies are starting to visit again. Hopefully that's helpful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, please say hi!

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS