Saturday, June 23, 2012

a friday picnic

overcast picnic
overcast picnic
overcast picnic
overcast picnic
overcast picnic
overcast picnic
overcast picnic
overcast picnic

Sometimes when you don't get to take your usual day off.. and you spend too many hours cleaning your house, and you have to skip date night.. you just have to throw together a quick picnic and go to a park with some magazines and books.
That's what we did yesterday at least. I knew there would be a 2 hour lull in the afternoon to hang out so I made us some asian bowls (brown rice, a million veggies and an array of sauces) and we sat in the park eating, talking and reading. The sun was nowhere to be found which made for a pretty cold picnic but thats infinitely better than melting so i'll take it!

Hope your weekend is fun! I'm off to help out and see these two get married!

12 comments:

  1. Sometimes cold picnics are the best if you have something warm to drink and a big knit sweater : ) Enjoy the wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE these photos. I need to go on a picnic now. So cute.
    jennybodell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your picnic basket! I'm with you - I totally prefer a chilly picnic to a hot picnic! Where's your favorite picnicing location? I bet the wedding is beautiful! I loved that engagement shoot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i miss afternoons like that, we don't get them much (we've got a toddler, nuf said, lol). beautiful photos and the one of you is so stunning! have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. no picnic is complete with out the siracha! Im excited to see the wedding photos! I loved their engagement shoot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These pictures are beautiful! I love all of the greens and reds.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The asian bowls look super good! lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds perfect! :) I love your picnic basket. It's WAY too hot here for a picnic :( Maybe in the Fall. ♥ Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  9. both are great together :D this looks a nice picnic, I wish to do things like this with someone special.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so beautiful. So beautiful. Simply striking (And ridiculously talented :))
    Love, Anna

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds (and looks) like it was fun and very relaxing. We need more of that in life sometimes.

    PS Cutest picnic basket ever!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, please say hi!

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS