Friday, February 1, 2013

Inverted aeropress (video)

Inverted aeropress
My sweet friends got me an AeroPress for my birthday a couple months ago and it kinda changed my life. I've always made french press at home but this makes far and away the best cup of coffee you could make at home (or at shop, really!). It makes a smooth, rich cup that is SIMILAR to an americano or espresso drink. It's super quick too, usually 2 minutes from beginning to end. I've even hooked my family and friends on it. And now I sound like an infomercial but I swear i'm not, i just like it a whole lot. There a couple different ways to brew aeropress coffee and I've tried them all and this was my favorite.. so i filmed it! I shot and edited it completely alone (which was harder than it sounds) so please forgive my hair falling into the shot. We'll just call that artsy.. or something! 

It's affordable and you can get it from amazon here! Watch the video below and let me know what you think: 

Inverted aeropress from Abi Porter on Vimeo.

Inverted aeropress
Inverted aeropress


Instructions:
Weigh out 20 grams of whole beans. Grind it a bit finer than filter drip (but not espresso fine)
Use the funnel to transfer the grinds to the aeropress. Pour hot water (200-205degrees or just a little cooler than boiling) into the aeropress going about half way up and start a 60 second timer. After thirty seconds, give it a stir and place the plunger on. After 60 seconds, press the plunger down for 30 seconds. Remove the aeropress, open the cap and push out the filter and grounds (easy clean up!). 
I always add a touch more water or half and half, since it makes a pretty strong cup but its also great without it. Try it both ways!

inverted aeropress(fixed)
Inverted aeropress
Inverted aeropress
p.s. Making videos is my new obsession... i just love it so much. And I hope you'll enjoy it too!

29 comments:

  1. this looks so easy and yummy! i never watch videos and i'm glad i watched this one. it's great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this. i may have to get one of my own :) thanks for sharing!

    p.s. mind if i ask what video-editing program you use?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the first time I see this way of making coffee and your video make sit looks so easy and super yummy, great job!

    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of this before! So interesting. Beautiful video by the way! I hope to see more! :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a cute video! you are very talented. I work at a coffee shop and haven't seen anything like this before! I'm curious how it could be too different from a french press. We do have a toddy system at work that makes really smooth coffee. It is an over night process though.
    Looks yummy!
    Leah
    e-plus-l.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely photos and absolutely amazing video...love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been wanting to get one for a while, but since my brand new french press is only starting to get some use, I figured I'd wait! Now if only I could convince people at work to get one and stop using those awful nespresso machines...

    You can also swap out the paper filters for an aluminium laser perforated disc (they sell them to replace the discs in italian style stovetop espresso makers, you can also get them online).

    -val

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing :) What a lovely video! I've had an aeropress for ages (love it!) so I'm definitely going to try this really soon. Hope you don't mind me sticking a link to your post on pinterest :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the video - just lovely! We have an aeropress but I hadn't seen it used this way. Well, we tried it straight away and it's great :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love love your video and as a coffee addict and lover of french press I can't wait to try this out! thanks for sharing! xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks so good and so interesting. I am such a coffee addict, I really want to try this method. Great video too!

    http://www.teenyhippie.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. that looks intriguing! i'll have to try one...i used to love my french press until the filter press part broke off the metal wand :( the aeropress looks a lot sturdier!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hah! I'm drinking aeropress coffee right now. My boyfriend prefers the inverted method but I like doing it the regular way. I'm not sure if I trust myself to flip it properly and not get it everywhere! (I have also sprayed spent grounds all over my kitchen when I wasn't paying attention while cleaning it.)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aeropress coffee is so wonderful! I bought one for my boyfriend as a Christmas gift and he is obsessed.
    Also, I love your ring! I'm assuming it's your wedding ring?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the video! So clean and simple. :] Just got into cafetiere and sucked my family into using too. But this looks so much more easier and easier to clean and all!

    ReplyDelete
  16. My hubby just showed me this coffee maker today! It looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cool! Must hunt some of this lovely creation this weekend. Love it and so as your new found hobby - taking videos. Got my eye on your next posts.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Amazing vid! how did you film it and get in to focus on you while shooting? amazing!

    Barnicles xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. You make coffee look great and I hate coffee. Hope you're doing well friend!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Okay, this video has me convinced.I need an aeropress.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love this obsession with making videos! Your minimalist style shines in this video, it's very you. I have an obsession with watching videos of coffee being made. So this is great! :) I haven't tried aeropress coffee yet, but just got a Chemex a couple weeks ago and I'm really enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. considering our french press glass just cracked for the 5th time... I think I may just need to try this out.

    K

    ReplyDelete
  23. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  24. wow! I usually use a french press but this has me very intrigued...

    I'm new to your blog and i have to say, your photographs (and videos!) are so lovely. :)

    ps- i'm obsessed really love the sweater you're wearing here too!

    ReplyDelete
  25. great job on the video! I know nothing about editing. I am very impressed. Also, i love your coffee cup and now you've got me thinking about getting one of those presses for my husband who is a coffee addict!

    ReplyDelete
  26. awesome! what song is in the video?

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is neat! I've never seen one of these before. We just got rid of our coffee maker and started using a Chemex carafe. It's a whole new world!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lovely. You make it so approachable. I've been mourning the loss of my favorite coffee shop. This might need to be my consolation prize.

    ReplyDelete
  29. eee love this <3
    my boyfriend & i are obsessed with coffee & he had mentioned wanting one of these, but i had no idea it was so simple to use!
    love that you shot & edited this video yourself too
    <3 Cheray x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, please say hi!

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS