Thursday, December 27, 2012

december 24 +25

christmas 2012
christmas 2012
christmas 2012
christmas 2012
christmas 2012
christmas 2012
christmas 2012
christmas 2012
christmas 2012
christmas 2012
christmas 2012
christmas 2012
christmas 2012

It came and went so unbelievably fast, just like it does every year. We had a relaxing christmas eve with homemade pizza and a walk through the neighborhood. We only got a few hours of shut eye before we were up and downstairs tearing through our presents from each other before we headed over to my parents for christmas morning with the whole fam.

Christmas always make me feel like i'm walking on sunshine.. not because I got amazing gifts (though i did!) but because there is so much joy and selflessness from everyone around me. At the end of the night, laying in bed, I was getting kinda weepy thinking about the financial situations of so many people around me and how they were still so generous with everyone. I feel abundantly blessed..

I have a little case of the post christmas blues.. but that'll only linger for a couple days before the excitement of a fresh new year comes. I have a feeling 2013 is going to be awesome.






14 comments:

  1. lovely sentiments about finances and generosity--I felt the same way about my family this Christmas. Sometimes, people are so beautiful. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had an attack of the post-Christmas blues, too. I think that it's simply a normal anticlimactic response to the holiday hype.

    Here's to 2013. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photos are always so beautiful.

    I'm totally with you about the way Christmas makes me feel, and yes, 2013 is going to be SO awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely pictures! :) feel like a great Christmas! :) Irene Wibowo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, I'm so sad that Christmas is already over! But it looks like you had a beautiful holiday!! I love all these photos!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. these photos look great! love the color & soft focus. what lens did you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! i used the canon 50mm 1.4 and vsco to process,

      Delete
  7. merry christmas abby! a little late. i love the sound of homemade pizza on christmas eve, i'm tihnking about doing that for next year (: great photos as always.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun! Looks like you had a great holiday! I'm always sad after the holidays are over, too. I'm planning to put together some over-the-top sewing plans for the new year so that I will have something to look forward to during the rest of the cold, dark months. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have the post christmas blues too, it really is one of the happiest days of the year so I guess it's normal to be disappointed when it ends though. Tea and biscuits help ;)

    Your photos are gorgeous, I love your porch (we don't tend to have too many of them in england so I always find them really beautiful) and your cat is so cute! Happy new year xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful picture as always! I always think the holidays go by too fast - so much buildup for just a couple of hours really worth of the holiday - it can really be a whirlwind -Allison

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well captured. I like your style and also bringing in some personal sorrows as even with the best days there is still difficult times.
    Thank you.

    K, bye

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have the most beautiful photos. Simple and stunning all at once

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such visually rich beauties! I'm stunned by the swimming pool photo, there is something so vivid about it :)
    xoxo

    http://nancywilde.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, please say hi!

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS