Monday, September 13, 2010

peach frozen yogurt

This just might be the simplest recipe i've posted. Some peaches, a cup of yogurt and some sugar. Ta-da, perfect frozen yogurt.
fro-yo


Peach frozen yogurt

1.5 pounds peaches
1/2 cup water
scant 3/4 cup sugar
1 cup plain yogurt
a few drops of lemon juice

Peel the peaches, slice them in half and remove the pits. Cut into chunks and add them to a medium size pot with the water and cook on medium heat for 10 minutes. Add sugar, transfer to a different bowl and refrigerate. When the peaches are completely cool, add them to a food processor with the yogurt and lemon juice. Puree until almost smooth, but still some chunks.
Freeze in ice cream maker according to manufacturers instructions.
Now sit down at your dining table and enjoy a big bowl.
IMG_0513

15 comments:

  1. Can this be done without the ice-cream maker? I am just wondering if freezing after "Puree until almost smooth" would just work? I do not have a ice-cream maker, so I am asking. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your blog-- you always post recipes that i can feel good about and your style is jsut what i love to see!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that this doesn't use a machine as I don't have one. Great photos, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for sharing! my mother-in-law keeps giving us peaches so this could come in handy because we have SO many.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How have I not seen your blog before?! I LOVE it! It is so beautiful and you are speakin' my language with the peach frozen yogurt. (I have been craving peach anything and everything since being pregnant.) I look forward to reading your blog!

    Thank you so much for you very sweet comment on my blog! That meant a lot. : )

    Hope you have a wonderful tuesday evening.

    -Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loooove frozen yogurt. This looks amazing. I also am in love with vintage casserole dishes like you have pictured. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks so beautiful. I love peaches and I've recently purchased an ice cream maker so I will have to make this.

    Beautiful website too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adoring you and your blog.

    xx

    http://novembergrey.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. If anyone is interested they have icecream makers at WalMart for really cheap for about thirty dollars or less.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute blog! that looks delicious but I would mess it up for sure! ;)

    brittin
    www.wewhoshop.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh, this looks so good, and so easy! Thanks for the recipe, you have a great blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh yummy! i wonder if this would work as well with soy yogurt

    www.jenniwells.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks delicious! Too bad it's not peach season here in Australia or I would be running to the shops to buy the ingredients right now!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh la la this looks lovely and the colour of it is simply superb. cant wait to try it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I want have to know more and more, on your blog just interesting and useful information.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, please say hi!

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS