Thursday, June 10, 2010

Chocolate chip cookie dough cupcakes

My obsession with the sweet/salty combo is still in full swing. (You can see more here & here)

IMG_7443
A cupcake stuffed with cookie dough and topped with cookie dough buttercream. You won't believe how amazing these are. Definitely the best cupcake I've had in my life (to be fair, i haven't try THAT many varieties). The frosting?? To die for. I'm not huge on frosting, AT ALL. I usually scrape most of it off. This stuff however I would eat by the spoonfuls.

They are INCREDIBLY rich. So rich I could barely finish one. You'll definitely need plenty of water (or milk) to wash these down, and chase them with some fruit and vegetables.

Since I only ate 2 over the course of a couple days, I froze the rest (cupcake and frosting separate). I pulled some out for friends a few days later and they were still perfectly delicious. I plan on pulling some out after a month and seeing how they are.

This is how its done
IMG_7394
IMG_7398
IMG_7401
IMG_7445

Chocolate chip cookie dough cupcakes
makes 12

For the cookie dough:

1 1/8 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
3/8 cup granulated sugar
3/8 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
3 tablespoons soy milk or milk
*3/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chip (See note below)

Beat the butter, sugars, and vanilla with electric mixer until creamy. Add the soy milk and beat well. Add in the salt, baking soda, and flour and slowly mix until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.

Form teaspoon-sized balls (approx. 1″ across). Roll and place on a foil-covered baking sheet. Make approximately 14 dough balls, reserving at least 3/4 cup of the dough for frosting. Refrigerate or freeze until firm.

*i'd strongly suggest using mini chocolate chips, or finely chopped regular chocolate chips. Otherwise they'll get stuck in the pastry tip.

For the cupcakes:
1/2 cup soy milk
1/2 cup coconut milk
1/3 cup canola oil
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 Tbsp. cornstarch
3/4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin pan with cupcake liners.

Whisk together soy milk, coconut milk, sugars, oil, and vanilla. Sift in the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, and mix until no large lumps remain.

Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full. Bake for 20 to 22 minutes or until tops are puffed and golden. Transfer to a cooling rack, and let cool completely before cutting.

For the frosting:
3/4 cup butter or margarine, room temperature
2 cups confectioners’ sugar
2 tablespoons soy milk
3/4 cup eggless cookie dough, room temperature

Cream butter with electric mixer until fluffy. Slowly add powdered sugar, 1/2 cup at a time, until well-incorporated. Add soymilk and mix until smooth, 1-2 minutes. Add cookie dough, approximately 3/4 cup of it, and mix until combined. Taste, and add more cookie dough if you like.

To assemble:
Cut hole in the top of the cupcake, drop ball of dough in. Pipe or spread the delicious frosting on.

(Recipe adapted from here)


IMG_7429
IMG_7452

14 comments:

  1. You have such a delightful blog! I'm so happy I stumbled across it :)

    I'm going to dream of those cupcakes, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been looking for a good cookie dough cupcake recipe for a while and this looks perfect. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stuffed with cookie dough?!! These look incredibly delicious. I wish I could reach into the computer to munch them up right now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've tempted me out of lurking with these... I just have to say, they look beyond amazing, and I both love and hate you for sharing this recipe! They're definitely getting made this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look delicious!! I love your pictures!! :)
    Would you mind checking out my blog? :D
    http://ajscookingsecrets.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cookie dough buttercream is such a novel idea. I bet it takes the cupcakes just over the edge and into sweet blissfulness. It's too bad that they are so rich, though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh these cupcakes look amazing! I was thinking of making up a cookies and cream cupcake recipe last weekend but I think this will satisfy my current desire for a new chocolate recipe. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. These look SO good. I'll have to make them. Well, that is if I can save enough cookie dough to use in the cupcakes instead of greedily stuffing into my mouth right out of the mixing bowl.

    PS - in response to your later post about your husband. He's so cute! Love the long hair. Glad you two are happy together. I always love to hear couples are happy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, these look SO delicious. I have to make them :D


    www.teenvegetariansoul.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your blog is one of my faves, especially when you post about food! I love your food pictures. Everything always looks so yummy and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want have to know more and more, on your blog just interesting and useful information.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I made these cupcakes 2 days ago, and they are AMAZING! I was worried about the consistency of the cupcake batter but they turned out great! Very fluffy!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, please say hi!

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS