Monday, September 15, 2014

Read Hands Free Mama with me!

Read Hands Free Mama with Me

So I mentioned this book awhile back and how it was rocking my world, in the best and worse way. I never finished it because I got "too busy" but probably more accurately I was feeling a little guilty as I read through each chapter (which is kind of the point!).  But again recently I've been finding myself distracted SO MUCH every day. I knew it was bad when I caught myself trying to look at my phone and brush my teeth at the same time. Ughhh. It's not like I even care about Twitter/Instagram/etc. THAT much... Why do we do this??? So I was like Yep I definitely need to unplug a little and start reading that book again and invite people to do it with me so I know I'll actually stick to it this time. 

So here we are! It's a really quick and easy read, about five pages a day at the pace I'm hoping to do.
2 chapters a week, for six weeks (so 12 chapters all together). And there are little challenges sprinkled throughout each chapter, I think she calls them Intentions.  Things like getting off your phone for a certain amount of time everyday (ie: Don't look at your phone from dinner till bedtime) or letting go of your to-do list for the day. 

The point isn't to give up these things altogether because they can actually be good things and helpful at times, but to not let them to run your entire life. It's about so much more than not looking at instagram or watching tv all day, its about freeing up your time to do things that matter, prioritizing  and investing in your relationships and friendships. That said, the book is little cheesy at times but I like cheese so thats ok ;)

So do you want to join me in reading this and doing it together? I need the accountability!

If you're in, you can get the book from amazon. It's less than $10 for paperback, or kindle for $8. Read the first two chapters by next Monday. And maybe we can have a discussion in the comments next week? Not sure about that detail yet...But let's interact on social media too. If you post to Instagram/facebook/twitter an inspiring quote or something that was especially awesome, tag me in it! (vanillaandlace)


Also!! You totally don't have to be a mom to do this. Its just as applicable to anyone else, I promise! Just really useful ideas for how to live a distracted free life. 



The amazon page has better descriptions of the book than I could write so read that too! If you have any questions, let me know! 


Heres to more moments like this...
Moments Like This

5 comments:

  1. I may have to join in. I've already started working on distancing myself from my phone. Step 1 was deleting the Facebook app.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just ordered the book, hopefully getting it before Monday. ;)
    Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea! I'm going to go on amazon and purchase it today. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cannot wait to do this with you! Hoping mine will come on time or I'll have to play a little bit of catch-up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds good, just got mine today! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, please say hi!

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS