Monday, April 12, 2010

Weekend birthdays

Over the weekend we celebrated my nephews first birthday.

I spent the better part of Friday (read: ALL DAY!) making these. Then managed to take this picture in the car on the way to the party. To say they were time consuming would be an understatement, and they didn't look exactly like bakerella's but for using what I had on hand, I thought they turned out alright. I used round mints for the eyes, jelly bean for the nose and chocolate wafer for the mouth.


And Sunday was our cat Tofu's first birthday. I made him a catnip mouse.






Completely unrelated: I cannot believe this little blog has almost 600 subscribers through google and blogger (and an uncounted amount through regular RSS feeds on firefox)!!

Thanks for caring about what I make and eat and do. I would still be doing it if my only reader was my husband, but I'm glad to know there are others out there too!

4 comments:

  1. Yup, I tried to make cake pops too. Mine looked pretty horrible (yours don't), but they were yummy and my 6 year old and her friends thought they were fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are AWESOME cake pops!! Elmo's? :) I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, you are so talented! They are really, really cute. I love the jelly bean noses! :)
    -Adriana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post. Great blog. Thanks for sharing. It was very interesting and meaningful. Keep posting. I follow you.
    Groupon Clone| Groupon Clone Script| groupon clone|

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, please say hi!

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS